• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playhead quirk?

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey so i'm relatively new to Flash/Animate but i've definitely worked in it enough to feel familiar with the way things work.

Maybe i'm losing my mind but i cant move the playhead farther along in the timeline unless there are empty frames there, which is really annoying when i want to scrub ahead and F7 a new frame. I realize i can click on the frame i want to start a new on and hit F7 or F5 to extend the last frame, but i feel like you were able to scrub through the timeline whether there were frames there or not.

Is this just a patch that i have to deal with?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

At the bottom of the timeline is a horizontal scroller. It's needed to let you scroll around the frames that exist, but does let you go forward up to 800 frames after where frames exist. If you were able to scroll forward to the 16000 limit that is there, you wouldn't have very accurate control over scrolling in the frames that do exist.

I don't think there is a patch, but you can use the scroller to go forward about 25 seconds, add a frame, then be able to go forward another 25 seconds.

There is

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the timeline is a horizontal scroller. It's needed to let you scroll around the frames that exist, but does let you go forward up to 800 frames after where frames exist. If you were able to scroll forward to the 16000 limit that is there, you wouldn't have very accurate control over scrolling in the frames that do exist.

I don't think there is a patch, but you can use the scroller to go forward about 25 seconds, add a frame, then be able to go forward another 25 seconds.

There is also JSFL, which would let you use a JavaScript command to add a frame at any point. Read this discussion:

How do you Insert specified number of frames to layer automatically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying.

The issue isn't so much that I can't scroll past existing frames, it's that the playhead won t move past existing frames.

For example, if there is only one frame in the timeline and I hit Enter to play, it won t move at all. If there are two frames, it'll only play two frames then stop.

From what I remember, I was able to move the playhead past all existing frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't noticed that before. It seems to be the same in Flash Pro CS6, you may be recalling an even older version. So, you click in a later frame cell if you want to add something there, but you can't scrub the playback head to a frame that doesn't exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks haha I must be imagining things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're not imagining!

did you manage to solve it?

ha[[ened to me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines