• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My soft brushes act weird on some documents

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why but my soft brushes don't blend in with some documents at all, they sort of look hard even when the hardness is set to 0 percent, while on other documents they appear fine, please see the images for better understanding.

Capture.PNGthis is how it looks when it doenst work (this is the problem)

ss.PNGthis is how it looks when its working fine..

Please  help me :3 i have lots of pending designs to make and with this issue i cant do anything..

i tried reloading basic brushes

uninstalling the program and everything

nothing seems to be working :3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Those settings look fine.

I would also check "Missing Profiles - Ask When Opening" . This will let you know when you open a document without a profile so you can Assign an appropriate profile (usually sRGB will work fine - it will be obvious if it is incorrect). Then save the document with ICC profile checked.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you show a section of what each looks like using the same size brush and with both documents at 100% zoom. This is important , at lower zoom levels the blend is using previews - the only accurate view is 100%. Normally this is not noticeable but on certain images it becomes very apparent.

Once you show that comparison we can take it from there

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture33.PNG

all 3 strokes are of same size, please see that red stroke appears to be fine while blue and lemon green stroke appears weird.

Capture2.PNG

however on this document, all strokes appear just fine (except for the red one)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

As per my previous post above, can you show these comparisons at the same brush size and both at 100% zoom.

At any other zoom level you are not looking at the actual image blend.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did that in my previous post, both the images are set to 100 percent zoom and the brush size is same for both...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They look fine to me - I can't see the problem. The red is a dark color on a dark background so is going to appear smaller because it blends in much better. Try changing the blend modes.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both images posted are not at 100% zoom - look in the bottom left corner - one is at 50% and the other is at 66.67%

you need to use View - 100%

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ss.PNGssssss.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At that zoom level I cannot see an issue or difference in the brushes.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey dave, I just checked these images on my phone and they look perfectly fine. I believe there's an issue with my computer's color settings. Could you please suggest me how to take care of that? I am using an nvidia gtx 750 ti

I do all my designs on my computer and i really need to get it sorted...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will need some info and screenshots to help us to help you:

1. Can you show the document profile for each document : to do this go to the bottom of the window and set it to Document Profile and just read it off

2. A copy of your Color Settings dialogue box

3. What type of monitor are you using

4. In windows go to Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties > Color Management and show the devices tab of the dialogue

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the one that has the 'giveaway' design it says  ' Untagged RGB (8bpc) '

For the other one it says ' Untagged RGB (8bpc) ' it's same for both.

Capture.PNG

Also I was wondering if you could assist me via skype or teamviewer cause this is taking a lot of time 😕

I really appreciate all your efforts though!

thank you so much for all the help you are providing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never work with untagged images. They should always have a document color profile - the safe choice until you get more experience is sRGB. I recommend you use that.

This is set up in Photoshop's color settings. If you have changed anything here, reverse those settings. The default settings work well. Most importantly, set Color Management Policies to "Preserve Embedded Profiles". Never set it to "off".

Then as Working RGB set sRGB IEC61966-2.1.

In Save For Web and Export you need to manually check "embed profile". It's unchecked by default.

----

However - I suspect your immediate problem is a defective display profile from LG (they're notoriously bad). Throw it out, and replace it with sRGB IEC61966-2.1. Yes, that's the same profile you're using as working space. This isn't strictly ideal (the display profile should be a profile made with a calibrator), but it's very safe to the point of idiot-proof.

Displayprofile_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the response.

I've set this to my Color Settings:

Capture.PNG

And for the desktop color management things, I'm letting that being controlled by nvidia control panel, I hope that's fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those settings look fine.

I would also check "Missing Profiles - Ask When Opening" . This will let you know when you open a document without a profile so you can Assign an appropriate profile (usually sRGB will work fine - it will be obvious if it is incorrect). Then save the document with ICC profile checked.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Dave, I cant thank you enough! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the culprit was 'gamma' apparently it wasn't set properly, i followed some how to calibrate your monitor videos played around with nvidia display settings, cross refrenced same images on my phone and pc and finally the problem seems to be fixed..

thank you so much for helping me out ❤️

and if you'd like to suggest something else just to be safe, please let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you follow the Advice of D.Fosse in the post above, regarding the color settings in Photoshop and in Windows you will be fine.

You mention the gamma was incorrect. Those "calibrate" visually methods are better than doing nothing. However, as you go forward you might want to consider a hardware calibration and profiling device such as the i1 display. They really are worth it - especially if you are doing work that will be sent elsewhere. Having the confidence to know that the colours you are seeing on your calibrated screen are the same as others will see on their calibrated screens is well worth it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines