• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for Web vs. Quick Export Permissions

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took me some time to figure out that Photoshop's new 'Quick Export' doesn't properly export images with the same permissions as 'Save for Web'. I saved a JPG file from PS using both methods, in the same exact folder. You can see from the image below that the Users/Groups are different. I have verified this behavior with other systems in our office.

problemPermissions.jpg

This becomes an issue when trying to serve files locally in a web browser via IIS (Internet Information Services) where a 'HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized' occurs.

error401.jpg

Has anyone else reproduce this or has anyone experienced this issue?

Does anyone know how to fix this issue or why this would happen? I'd expect that files saved from PS shouldn't have different permissions due to certain application functions.

I'm currently using CC2017.1.1, but this was problematic with CC2016 too.

Thanks,

Craig

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

You can fill out the feature request/bug form at http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue, and as far as I know, has not been addressed.

I continue to use Save for Web (legacy) as there are features lacking in the newer commands.

We need someone from Adobe staff to chime in as to when it might be addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Barbara, I guess I'll go back to using the Legacy version too. It's frustrating when you go to use a new tool and it's not 'done' yet. The new 'Quick Export' has lost me and our IT staff countless hours trying to address what the actual problem was.

Adobe, how can I get this on the please fix list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can fill out the feature request/bug form at http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines