• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hiding Photoshop sometimes makes it irretrievable

Participant ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multiple times per day when I hide Photoshop (alt + Photoshop Icon), go to do something in another application, then click the Photoshop icon in my dock, Photoshop won't come back. I can right-click on the icon and select "Show" but it won't come back. This issue appears since i updated to macOS Sierra.

I still can see the Menu Bar of Photoshop but nothing more. I have to quit and open new to make PS working again. Thats super annoying.

macOS Sierra 10.12.5

Photoshop 2017.1.1

Best wishes

Marco

[Moved from the non-technical LOUNGE Forum to the Program forum... Mod]
[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

I have the same or at least a similar infrequent issue on

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.1.1 20170425.r.252 2017/04/25:23:00:00 CL 1113967  x64

Operating System: Mac OS 10.12.5

Unfortunately as long as you cannot reproduce the issue it may be hard to pinpoint the reason … and the only way I could reliably reproduce it was by involving ESTK.

I suspect it may have to do with dialogs in Adobe applications but maybe you can isolate the circumstances under which it happens for you.

There’s a Bug Report

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same or at least a similar infrequent issue on

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.1.1 20170425.r.252 2017/04/25:23:00:00 CL 1113967  x64

Operating System: Mac OS 10.12.5

Unfortunately as long as you cannot reproduce the issue it may be hard to pinpoint the reason … and the only way I could reliably reproduce it was by involving ESTK.

I suspect it may have to do with dialogs in Adobe applications but maybe you can isolate the circumstances under which it happens for you.

There’s a Bug Report over at feedback.photoshop.com, maybe add your support if you think it is then same issue:

Photoshop: Hiding sometimes makes it irretrievable | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot. I try to isolate the workflow producing this problem and will report here. Yesterday the same thing happened with mail.app. So i guess its a generell macOS Sierra bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines