Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

filming 25fps or 50fps then using timewarp

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I was wondering what peoples thoughts are on filming at 25fps then using slow motion instead of filming at 50fps and then slowing it down. Timewarp uses pixel motion blending, or whatever it's called, so i feel the slow mo is still quite smooth and i don't loose as much resolution as i would if i would be filming at 50fps, but i'm still not sure if it produces the best results!

I'm shooting with a Canon EOS REBEL 550D/T2i. When you optimize filming conditions, 720p instead of 1080p doesn't have to look that much worse either so I'm lost.

I'm filming a music video and i don't have a stabilizer so I will be working with slow motion and the warp stabilizer to smoothen my handheld footage.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Entirely depends on the amount of stretching and the ultimate look you are after. Regardless of this, nothing is stopping you from using 50 fps and then later in post reinterpreting it as 25 fps if you so desire.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Entirely depends on the amount of stretching and the ultimate look you are after. Regardless of this, nothing is stopping you from using 50 fps and then later in post reinterpreting it as 25 fps if you so desire.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines