• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign beginner- placing photoshop pdf for portfolio

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys! just need some quick advice I have 9 pages max saved photoshop boards and need to place them all onto landscape boards one by one so that I can save the file for web view and send via Email. question is what size board do I make it to make sure the file size does not distort the pixels. Do I make it the same size the measurements were on my boards in photoshop? 

Just need step by step advice instead of watching loads of techy tutorials! Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Alternatively, if you have Acrobat, you can skip InDesign altogether. You can create PDFs from Photoshop directly, and then File > Create > Combine Files into a Single PDF in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m sorry but that is impossible to answer. We know absolutely nothing about your project so you’ll need to give us way more in the way of details.

That out of the way, I’m not even sure what makes you think the pixels will be distorted. I’m not even sure exactly what that means. So, please take a step back and help us so we can help you.

Screenshots would probably help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017-06-10 (1).pngHi there thanks for the reply. Okay so I have little experience with Indesign I would like to place all my Photoshop boards into Indesign as a Portfolio so I can email all the boards to view as one pdf. In terms of setting up the Indesign board what measurements do I need shall I just leave it as default settings , landscape and un-tick facing pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That'll work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively, if you have Acrobat, you can skip InDesign altogether. You can create PDFs from Photoshop directly, and then File > Create > Combine Files into a Single PDF in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help! Because I was not sure what size to set the indesign boards at and for my pdfs from Photoshop to fit the frame without having to over size the images thus distorting them. I shall download the free trial for Acrobat now as all I need is for My photoshop boards to combine as one thanks for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more question How do I go about making the right board sizes in Indesign so that when I place my pdf board from photoshop I don't have to enlarge it to fit the canvas which loses quality even after . Do I make the board sizes height and width the same as the pdf was saved in photoshop? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I go about making the right board sizes in Indesign

If you download Acrobat Pro DC, you won't need to use InDesign at all. Save the Photoshop .PSDs to PDF and combine them in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My portfolio is now in Acrobat however to save it and for it to be universally readable is this portfolio program only able to open if the company have Acrobat on their end once opened in email? Thank you so much for your help very easy instructions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can just save your PDF. All anyone else needs to open your PDF is a free copy of Adobe Reader. If they don't already have it (most people do) they can download it here: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines