• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my Tool fly-out menus in CS6 so very slow to open?

Participant ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, veterans. I have been using various versions of Photoshop (including CS6) for a long time, but in recent weeks, before the fly-out tool-menus will open, it has become necessary to hold down the  mouse button for about four seconds. I had become used to just clicking once, and they would open almost immediately, but not now. I have tried altering the mouse setting in System Preferences (on my Mac, running MacOSX Sierra), but this does not make any difference. No other apps are running, when Photoshop is being run.

My Mac has 12GB RAM. (In any case, this is only a recent problem.)

Can anyone tell me why this has started to happen, and what can be done about it, to make these fly-out menus more responsive?

With thanks in advance,

T.T.F.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:

Preferences in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, Bob,  but this made absolutely no change.

TTF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 was created quite a bit before Mac OSX Sierra became available.

I would recommend taking a look at the following link & trying the referenced plug-in.

Photoshop and El Capitan | Mac OS 10.11

Jesper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Jasper. What you suggested seemed to be the answer to this problem. However, I downloaded and installed the plug-in, logged out and in again, started Photoshop, and there was absolutely no difference. Sorry! Thanks for your interest, though.

T.T.F.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines