• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are the photos not as clear on the screen after exporting

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read so many articles and seems 300 ppi is good for pixels per inch and it says that you multiply that by the size that you want to print them at (10 x 8 print) 10x300 and 8x300. But what about if you want the picture to look exactly the same quality on a decent size screen as in Lightroom after exporting. I read that 1920x1080 pixels at 300 ppi should be more than enough. I also set the quality to 100 and it is a JPEG format and colour space is sRGB. I've done everything they said to do and the picture is nowhere near the same sharpness on the screen after it has been exported. I'm super frustrated can anyone help me??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Also tell us what system model and display you are using. The resolution of your display determines the Export Image Sizing panel values required to prevent loss of sharpness.

For example if your display's resolution is 2560x1440 pixels–and you want to view the image so that it fills the screen–that's what you need to enter (2560x1440).

In addition the image being exported has to have at least those pixel values or higher. To see the resolution values (pixels) inside LR hit the 'I' key until they

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be something else affecting the screen display. PPI has no effect on screen display. If you want an image that is 1920 x 1080 pixels that is all that is. It isn't at 300 PPI, it is 1920 pixels by 1080 pixels. Is the exported image an enlarged portion of a small area of the original?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have been enlarging both photos to see the difference in quality. Good to know that the pp don't effect the screen quality. That makes sense because I've been experimenting for what seems to be forever and it doesn't appear to make any difference. So the number of pixels (1920x1080) will make a difference on the screen? Is it the higher they are the better on a big screen? Or does it

cap off at a certain number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I'm going to give you an answer that is what you want. If your computer screen or TV screen displays 1920 x 1080 pixels then an image that is those dimensions will fill the screen regardless of how big it is. But if you try to create that image by exporting a small area of an image, in other words you enlarge it as you export it, then that image is going to lose detail and will not be as sharp on the screen. I don't know what it is you are trying to do. As an experiment, take an image and crop an area using the 16:9 crop ratio and export it without trying to enlarge the area and then display that image on what ever screen you are using and see how that works. Sometimes I'm not very good at explaining things, but see how that goes and then report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the size of the original image you are starting with, pixels x by y? Not original if you are cropping the image in some way. In that case the Cropped image size in pixels x by y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also tell us what system model and display you are using. The resolution of your display determines the Export Image Sizing panel values required to prevent loss of sharpness.

For example if your display's resolution is 2560x1440 pixels–and you want to view the image so that it fills the screen–that's what you need to enter (2560x1440).

In addition the image being exported has to have at least those pixel values or higher. To see the resolution values (pixels) inside LR hit the 'I' key until they are visible. You must also select 'Sharpen for' in the Export Output panel when using 'Resize to Fit' with Screen Standard a good choice for most images. If Exporting with 'Resize to Fit' unchecked (i.e. full-size Export). Output Sharpening should not be applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines