• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contact Form

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I just created a contact form in cs5.5. I don't know how to make it work. What is the coding for a simple contact form? And where do I place the code EXACTLY?

I just need it to function!

Thanks!

Here's my current code:

<table width="378" border="1" align="left" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="3" bgcolor="#000033">

<tr>

<td width="362"><p>

<label for="Name2">Name</label>

<input type="text" name="Name2" id="Name2" />

</p>

<p>

<label for="Email">Email</label>

<input type="text" name="Email2" id="Email" />

</p>

<p>

<label for="Comments">Comments</label>

</p>

<p>

<textarea name="Comments2" id="Comments" cols="45" rows="5"></textarea>

</p>

<p>

<input type="submit" name="Submit2" id="Submit2" value="Send" />

</p></td>

</tr>

</table>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

An html <form> is easy to create, you did it yourself in the original post, though you are missing the <form> tagset that needs to wrap all of your form elements...

<form action="somescript.php">
     <table>

</table>

</form>

However, by itself, an html form can't actually "do" anything. You need to have some kind of processing script on your server in order to turn form entries into "submitable" and receivable data. Most hosting companies will have a form script readily available (

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at Nancy's tutorial Alt-Web Design & Publishing: Responsive Contact Form with Bootstrap 3.2 and PHP (Part 1)

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way beyond me! Can't follow it. Isn't there a simple code to create a contact form? I can use jotform but I want to create my own forms. I don't like 3rd. partyies.

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no simple way without coding to send emails from a form without a 3rd party.  Given that Nancy's article is way beyond you, I would recommend a 3rd party.  There are a lot of options out there with 3rd parties.  What do you not like about your current provider or what are you looking for?  We might be able to help you with some recommendations if you let us know what your pain points are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be interested in the Forms - Materialize plug-in by Google. They have everything set-up for you, and it is responsive. However, you still need to connect it to a PHP script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to connect to php. I used jotform

Thanks

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do you connect to php? I know how to make the html form....where does php code go? How do you tell it works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An html <form> is easy to create, you did it yourself in the original post, though you are missing the <form> tagset that needs to wrap all of your form elements...

<form action="somescript.php">
     <table>

</table>

</form>

However, by itself, an html form can't actually "do" anything. You need to have some kind of processing script on your server in order to turn form entries into "submitable" and receivable data. Most hosting companies will have a form script readily available (albeit a simple one) on your server along with simple copy/paste instructions on how to attach it to your form.

You may want to contact your hosting company, or dig through their help guides to see what they have available and if your current server set-up allows for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am trying to do Nancy. I have to save all 3 php codes in my website folder, then add my email...maybe it'll work. If not I'll just leave my email address for people to click on and phone. I can always use jotform.com.

Her codes are there...just don't know where to place? I think save in folder and upload like css.css.html. I made my site phone friendly. I guess same way uploading php to my host?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your server must support PHP 5.3 or higher and the PHP mail() function.  If not, the script in my tutorial will not work for you.

You need one contact.php file.

Inside that file goes:

a) the PHP script at the top of your document.

b) the HTML <form>

c) additional PHP code inside the HTML <form>.

You must upload contact.php file to your remote server to test it.

If that's too difficult, use a 3rd party service like Wufoo.

Online Form Builder with Cloud Storage Database | Wufoo

Posting an email link on your site is like a neon sign to spammers and email harvesters.  It will only generate a ton of spam mail in your inbox.   Believe me, you don't want that.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines