Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touch irresponsive while transform

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, here is the problem:

os: WIndows 10, Tablet: Cintiq 27touch, works like a charm in other versions.  BUT, on Photoshop cc 2017, the touch cease to work while Free Transform.  I cant, pan, Zoom. I did some research, And it paears it have to do with surface tablets, Its a new feature:

• Place two fingers on the tablet surface and rest motionless for a moment. then you´ll be able to rotate, zoom, etc...

Well, I have a Cintiq, not a surface, and that does not work.  It only deactivate the touch capabilities.

Anyone has an answer?  thanks you so much in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Free transform is not a touch gesture. Also even if can use touch with Free transform active it would not effect the transform.  the transform bounding bounding box would also zoom.  You can easily see this using the zoom shortcuts with Free transform is active Ctrl++ and Ctrl+- so if   free transform turns off touch support you can zoom with the shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post how you have set up you OS, wacom and Photoshop devices configuration.

Intuos2016.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, is in spanish.  But Basically, in touch, I have the preferences in "my movements" instead of windows movements,  Of course I already try  on windows  movements, to see if it works.   But nothing.  I also  download the try of photoshop cc 2018, on my wacom mobile,   and same problem.   Touch deactivates on free transform.

specs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop supports touch gestures.  Transform is not a gesture

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Im just saying, that Adobe claims than you can  pinch, zoom and rotate, while in transform ( as in photoshop 2014)  

From an article find in https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/touch-gestures.html

• When the user moves both touch points in parallel, the view pans without rotating or scaling.
  • When the initial motion is a pinch, scaling and pan will occur.
  • Rotation of touch points about a relatively motionless center enables rotation and pan but with no scaling.
  • Finally, by pinching and rotating at first, all three aspects may be adjusted. As a convenience, this latter free-transform gesture mode can also be chosen by simply holding initial touch points motionless for a moment.

The thing is, I have photoshop 2017, and when I am very clore to the image, and want to free transform or scale, and want to zoom out to see to what level I want to scale the image, I simpli pich on my screen.  But since photoshop 2015, I cant do that.  The touch stop working.     Even if I follow the instruccions abobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Free transform is not a touch gesture. Also even if can use touch with Free transform active it would not effect the transform.  the transform bounding bounding box would also zoom.  You can easily see this using the zoom shortcuts with Free transform is active Ctrl++ and Ctrl+- so if   free transform turns off touch support you can zoom with the shortcuts.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines