• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to apply 'Remove Grain' to entire frame?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not an AE expert and find this filter confusing. Tried looking up more info on it but didn't find answers to the following:

1) What is the 'Preview Region' exactly? The name "preview" would seem to imply that it renders a smaller region while editing, for performance sake maybe, whereas the effect would be applied to the entire frame at render time. It doesn't seem to be the case.

2) If true, how can I apply such an effect to larger video sizes? The 'Preview Region' is capped at 1024x1024 pixels max, but my footage is 1920 wide.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

The preview region is for checking an area and tweaking the parameters to adjust the filter as you need. Once you are happy with the results, under the Viewing Mode parameter (the first one in the filter) you can choose FINAL OUTPUT for applying the filter to the complete comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

When you use the preview region drop-down the settings effect where your preview box is located or the size and color of the box. When you mess with the settings in the "Noise Reduction Setting" you will only effect whats inside the box, unless you change the the the render settings from "Preview" to "Final Output".

I may make a tutorial on this effect in the future on my YouTube channel!

FXWeekly - YouTube

-Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preview region is for checking an area and tweaking the parameters to adjust the filter as you need. Once you are happy with the results, under the Viewing Mode parameter (the first one in the filter) you can choose FINAL OUTPUT for applying the filter to the complete comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be prepared for very long render times. This is a temporal effect and they are always slow....

That's why they gave you the preview region. You wold probably think the plug-in was broken if it had to preview the entire frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I highly recommend this plugin for all your remove grain issues: Neat Video - best noise reduction for digital video it saved me a few times. the price is more than fair, the plugin is quite intuitive and offers basic and advanced features. and it is fast too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines