• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XPS 15 VS MAC BOOK PRO?

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you guys think is better for Premiere/AFX? Is it true a Cuda card will perform better than an Open GL? This is the XPS I am thinking about...Most of my clients all use Macs, but usually I will use a program called Mac drive when I need to edit off a Mac formatted drive. Im not sure how risky that is.

Dell XPS 15 15.6" Gaming Laptop Computer - Silver XPS9560-7001SLV - Micro Center  and this is the MBP

Touch Bar and Touch ID
2.9GHz Processor
512GB Storage

• 2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor
  • Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
  • 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
  • 512GB SSD storage1
  • Radeon Pro 560 with 4GB memory
  • Four Thunderbolt 3 ports
  • Touch Bar and Touch ID

$2,799.00

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump Please...Sorry, I may need to make a decision on this today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of media will you be editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mostly advertising work. Variety of different formats from h.264 to 4k raw. Although I doubt these lap tops can do 4k raw I imagine....

But also to update you. The job this would be for actually fell through, so I could hold off if you think that would be wise. Maybe Dell will come out with something better soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Dell XPS 15 that's linked above, by far. It has a GTX 1050 4GB GPU that (so far) has been exclusive to laptops. This is not to be confused with the desktop GTX 1050, which has only 2GB of RAM.

The MacBook Pro can't use CUDA at all. It has a choice of OpenCL or MetAL - the latter of which is still buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines