• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 5.7.1 won't recognize my RAW files

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new Canon EOS 1D Mark II. When I go to import LR (version 5.7.1) does not recognize my RAW files. There are no updates available. What could be the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Have you applied any updates? Lightroom 6 .0 isn't going to cut it. You need at least Lightroom 6 .5. The current update is Lightroom 6 .10 .1. All of these updates are free, but they require action on your part.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain in detail what happens when LR "does not recognize" the files. If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a window titled "import results" pops up.

it says "The files are not recognized by the raw format support in Lightroom. (943)

A list of my files follows.

"Please click below to check for an updated version of LR"

I did that, no updates available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Lightroom 5.7.1 should not be giving you this message, so I need clarification:

1. Did you mis-type the name of the camera? Is it perhaps a Canon 1D X Mark II?
  2. Please go to Help->System Info and report the version NUMBER of Lightroom shown there in the first line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Yes, it 1DX Mark II

2.Lightroom version: 5.7.1 [994773]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your camera requires Lightroom 6.5/CC 2015.5. You have three options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I upgraded to LR 6 and the same thing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied any updates? Lightroom 6 .0 isn't going to cut it. You need at least Lightroom 6 .5. The current update is Lightroom 6 .10 .1. All of these updates are free, but they require action on your part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That solved it! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines