• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC exporting low-resolution / pixelated images.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a new MacBook, and along with that, the updated Photoshop CC.

I do photo-manipulations in Photoshop with very large files. Everything looks great. Everything is sharp while working in PScc.

When I export my image and try to upload it, literally everywhere, it comes out very pixelated, unlike the actual saved file on my computer.

I tried different websites. Exporting it differently. Uploading it all over the place, and I get the same low-resolution file.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm saving the file at the highest resolution possible.

I keep seeing that the new Retina screen might have something to do with it. I keep seeing that maybe it's just how the new Photoshop CC is set up?

Any ideas how to fix this? My business is on hold until I figure out how to export and upload crisp images.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some points to consider:

when you export files from photoshp and test them out on your macbook , does the quality look The same as it was in photoshop before exporting ?

How about the file size? How much the file size is ? and the file dimentsions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The quality is completely different. And when I import that exported file back into Photoshop, it looks terrible. But while I'm working in PS, everything looks great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a_michelle_44  wrote

I keep seeing that the new Retina screen might have something to do with it.

It does indeed.

When you look at your files in other picture viewers and browsers, outside Photoshop, these applications pixel-double so that each image pixel is displayed as four screen pixels. They all do this when they detect a high-resolution display, it's hard-wired.

They do this so that everything will display at the same size on screen that people are used to from traditional displays. Otherwise they'd be flooded with user complaints. The higher the screen resolution, the smaller things get. This is just how it works. More screen pixels = smaller screen pixels.

Photoshop cannot do this. It has higher standards to live up to, and has to display accurately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other people without the retina screens are seeing it in the same way, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, what are the pixel dimensions? Open Image Size and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

4288 x 2740 with 300 resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines