Exit

3D X-Y-Z widget conrol

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Following this video

How to Make 3D Text in Photoshop CC 2017  | How to Create 3D Text Effects in Photoshop CC 2017 - You...

to get myself acquainted with 3D capabilities of PsCC2017.

On the 56th second https://youtu.be/PS-S45Xt-NU?t=56  it shows that once the APPLE category gets selected the CC2017 immediately shows X-Y-Z widget.

4c1d803729.png

In my case that does not happen.

fbdaace79a.png

Could someone please give me a hand here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Hi

As I replied in the other threadas far as I remember there used to be a Shows - 3D Axis option but as I never switched that off, I don't know when it no longer appeared.

You could got to preferences Performance and try changing the drawing modes to see if it will appear (you will need to restart after changing)

In the meantime , even without that tool you can still rotate.

Either go to View - Show - 3D Mesh bounding box and tick it then rotate by grabbing the bounding box

or

With the object selecte

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

As I replied in the other threadas far as I remember there used to be a Shows - 3D Axis option but as I never switched that off, I don't know when it no longer appeared.

You could got to preferences Performance and try changing the drawing modes to see if it will appear (you will need to restart after changing)

In the meantime , even without that tool you can still rotate.

Either go to View - Show - 3D Mesh bounding box and tick it then rotate by grabbing the bounding box

or

With the object selected in the 3D panel - go to the properties panel - select Co-ordinates and enter the rotation directly

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Dave! It helps!

Funny thing 2017-06-11 22.28.tvs - Google Drive when trying rotating a 3D object I see those controls inside

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines