• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microsoft Surface Book Pro and After Effects stylus bug

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this bug for the better part of a year and I'm totally up to date on all my drivers. I'm using a Surface Book Pro with Performance Base. Basically, After Effects registers my first tap with the stylus and ignores everything after that until I move the touchpad.

Microsoft Surface Book Pro and After Effects stylus bug - YouTube

I've had this issue with every version of After Effects I've installed going back to 2014. I've cleared my preferences, installed the Wintab drivers, and installed the Surface Book Platform drivers. Anyone else had this issue? Anyone else fixed it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, that sounds like an issue with your surface. Especially if it's been happening with every version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If anyone comes across this post, I found my answer on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/6gnp4e/microsoft_surface_book_pro_and_after_effects/

"

[–]intradimensional 2 points 2 days ago

I had a similar issue in Photoshop CS6, turned out for some odd reason it was because I disabled "long press to right click" in the pen settings. I have no clue why this was related, but enabling it again fixed the issue."

I asked how to get to those since Windows doesn't have that option under Pen & Ink settings.

"i seriously don't even know how to get to those settings manually, it's "pen and touch", but when you type that they don't show up. I got there by typing "flicks" into the start menu, then you get the pen and touch settings window with the "flicks" tab. Go to Pen options, there you'll find the check box.

The windows settings are a MESS."

Now basic clicking works in After Effects, but Pen Pressure doesn't. Evidently, that's a bug either with the way the pen is seen by Adobe or how Microsoft is emulating a Wacom pen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines