• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr-CC edits into Lr5

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I get all of my Lr-CC edits to someone who has Lr5? I casually shot 1600 shots of a family wedding and took a day for fast editing (deleted ~250, white balance, exposure, tagging). I would not expect Lr5 to see the DeHaze adjustment, but it has all of the other tools, and my camera is within its ACR.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all the files in Library, then go to Metadata > Save metadata to files.

If the originals are DNG, Jpg, Tiff or PSD files, the edits will be saved to the header of the files.

If the originals are proprietary raw files, the edits will be saved to XMP files, which will be created and saved in the same folder as the originals.

Then give the files to the other person, and make sure to include the xmp files if you have proprietary raw files, like NEF or CR2.

As you say, edits using features that aren't in LR 5 will not be visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

The originals are CR2 files, so I save in a way to generate the XMP sidecars.  It probably makes sense to set my Lr defaults to automatically generate sidecar files.

If I were to save the files as DNG's would the DNG have all the edits, without needing a XMP?  (analogous to how Canon's DPP4 sw saves edits into the CR2)  Would these DNG's then be further editable by any version of Lr?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I were to save the files as DNG's would the DNG have all the edits, without needing a XMP?  (analogous to how Canon's DPP4 sw saves edits into the CR2)

I have routinely converted all my raw files to DNG since I began using Lightroom in 2008, and I also routinely write metadata to files, as an extra backup. (check Automatically write changes into XMP in the Metadata tab in Catalog settings)

For DNG files, no XMP files are required, since the metadata are written to the header of the files.

Would these DNG's then be further editable by any version of Lr?

I have LR 2.7 installed, and I tried importing a few files that had been edited in CC 2015.

Most edits did not carry over, but the sharpening settings in the Detail panel did.

The reason for this is that the process versions are different - LR 2 used PV 2008, and CC uses PV 2012.

PV 2012 has completely different settings in the Basic panel, and LR2 cannot understand and render these settings.

PV 2012 was introduced with LR 4, so although files will be editable in older versions (1 - 3), it will be best to use versions that use the same process version as CC - 4 and 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines