• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2015 (1117303) will not open

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Camera Raw CC to the latest version, Lightroom will not open. It worked fine before I updated Camera Raw. That is the only thing I changed.

I see the Lightroom startup badge flash on the screen for less than a second and that is all. There is no uninstall for Camera Raw. I uninstalled Lightroom and re-installed it (the only version available to me through the CC App). It still does not work.

I force restarted the CC desktop app. No change. I have not signed out and back in again as I am afraid this will kill other CC apps I use.

I am on a Mac, running Mac OS Sierra Version 10.12.5. Lightroom used to run on this system. I have a Mac Pro from late 2013. 32 GB of RAM, 1 TB flash Drive, AMD FirePro D700 graphics card with 6144 MB.

How can I get Lightroom to work????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be something else involved besides the update of Camera Raw because Lightroom doesn't use the camera raw plug-in. Camera Raw is for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. All of that technology is part of the Lightroom program. So something else must have taken place to cause Lightroom to not open. Are there any error messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No error message. It doesn't get that far. Lightroom never opens. The start screen appears only for about a third of a second and closes immediately. I remember now that the computer crashed as I was adding photos to the catalogue. Would a bad catalogue cause this? If so,how would I fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a backup catalog you could try replacing your catalog with the backup and see if that makes a difference. Another option would be to hold down the Cmd and Opt keys (I think, I am a Windows user and it is the Ctrl & Alt keys) while starting Lightroom and choose to create a new catalog or open a different catalog if you have one and see if that will allow you to open Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried opening LR with the Command & Option keys held down. It made no difference. LR will not open. The most recent catalog is from May 23, 2017. I tried clicking directly on the catalog and that didn't work. I tried clicking on other older catalogs and that didn't work either. I deleted the Lightroom folders in the Pictures folder of my user folder. That didn't work either.

I am running out of ideas here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DAY FOUR OF THE SAME PROBLEM. Trying to open Lightroom results in about a 1/3 second flash of the start screen which immediately closes. I have signed in and out of Creative Cloud. I have uninstalled and re-installed Lightroom multiple times. I have trashed the Lightroom preferences file and restarted the computer. I have removed all catalogs from where they were. Nothing has worked. Before I updated Camera Raw, Lightroom worked. Now it doesn't.

I will now miss my deadlines as I have no other solution.  Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a brief moment in time, I got Lightroom to work. I think it was because I somehow downloaded an old version. After using it for the last week, I finally closed it. Creative Cloud would not let me open it again without upgrading. I upgraded and now the same problem is back again. It flashes the start screen for less than a second and immediately closes.  My account is up to date (I checked). I can't seem to get the old version back again. So now I no longer have Lightroom to use.

CAN I GET A REFUND?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THERE SEEMS TO BE NO RECOURSE EXCEPT THESE FORUMS!!! THAT IS CRAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines