• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make good looking text on a small canvas

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I make emotes for live streamers on Twitch, and I can't seem to make text come out clear. I'm trying to make it look good in a 28 pixels x 28 pixels canvas. I'm trying to get the text to come out as clear as this. How do I do this?

vsatDat28.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

28x28px is way too small for text to be legible. That size is really just for very simple icons the convey process or idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, but the image I posted has good looking text so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your example has very bold text and is not that long. Frankly, on my computer, I had to enlarge it to read it. Can you post one that you're trying to make look good?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AustinZenn  wrote

OK, but the image I posted has good looking text so

At what resolution is it good looking? If I had a 72dpi display  it would display as you see in your image document's image size dialog  0.389" x 0.389" but my displays do not have a 72dpi resolution they have different dpi resolution.

My 20" 1600x1200 display has a 100DPI resolution the image displays 0.28" x 0.28".

My 24" 4k  display has a 185DPI resolution the image displays 0.151" x 0.151".

My 12" Surface Pro 3 display has a 216DPI resolution the image displays 0.13" x 0.13".

My 8.4" Galaxy display has a 359DPI resolution the image displays 0.078" x 0.078".

My eyes do not find your text fine on all my displays.

Capture.jpg

To keep the text the same size 0.389" x 0.389" on all my displays you wor need different size canvases

Capture.jpg

Text of course would be a Text Layer Vector graphics so it would resize well not via interpolating a pixel layer.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines