• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I really like this presentation style. Simple, clear, elegant... I want to make a similar one. Advice?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day to all! I came across with this video presentation:

I need to make a presentation and I would love it to be similar to this one. I would like to ask you if you know somewhere where I can download After Effects effects like the ones used in the video. Something like an effects stock/depot/templates website where I can find effects like these...

Also, if you know of other video presentations that look like this and you can point me to them I can also get ideas from there.

Sincerely, thanks a lot!

Toniu M.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

After Effects can do this kind of animation but the temptation is to do the entire project in a single comp. The best option is to break the script up into single sentences or short phrases and make each a separate comp. The easiest way to create the illustrations is to use Adobe Illustrator or a similar vector based drawing app or download the art from sources like Adobe Stock, then arrange the artwork in layers, import as a composition and start animating.

Pre-record your audio track, cut it up

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects can do this kind of animation but the temptation is to do the entire project in a single comp. The best option is to break the script up into single sentences or short phrases and make each a separate comp. The easiest way to create the illustrations is to use Adobe Illustrator or a similar vector based drawing app or download the art from sources like Adobe Stock, then arrange the artwork in layers, import as a composition and start animating.

Pre-record your audio track, cut it up, make each sentence a separate composition, edit, then render, then assemble your final piece in a NLE like Premiere Pro.

If you want to do this for free, the trial for After Effects only lasts 7 days and that's not going to be enough time to learn the program, become proficient with the principals of animation and keyframeing, design the artwork and complete a project that is much longer than about 20 or 30 seconds.

Templates usually don't work for this kind of project because the script changes, but Adobe Stock is a good place to look for Illustrations and graphics that you can use in your presentations. Be very careful about copyright. I've seen more than one project get pulled and one AE artist get threatened with a lawsuit because the stole artwork for a project using a Google image search.

For more information on how to do this kind of project we need specific details. Including your experience level with AE and specific questions will help us point you to the right kind of training. If you are new to AE please Start Here: Basic AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick Gerard! Very kind of you giving me a hand here! I am at this stage compiling info to find out if I can tackle this project with AE or I am to novice to realistically expect to pull it out. I am a proficient user of photoshop and illustrator. But 0 for AE : / . I have used Magix to make my presentations, and I mostly have done the clips with 3ds max, as my job has involved occasionally doing some design of a product or its marketing... I know how powerful AE is and I want to start getting my hands on it, it's about time.

I will follow your advice and i will prepare all the clips separately, but what do you mean by scripts? Is there some coding involved in the animation of graphics like this?

One important thing for me would be to find similar presentations so I can get more ideas and then make a similar but personal version of it. With only this one example I've posted here I fear it will just end up being a cheap copy of it : /

Thanks a lot for these few but important tips!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suspect by "script" , Rick meant the dialogue.  Break the dialogue up into single sentences or short phrases and tackle each of those as a separate composition.  Apart from the creation of the actual assets there is nothing advanced there, and you say your well versed in Illustrator & Photoshop so you should be able to create clean, simple shapes like those no problem.  Then It's all simple key frame animations of the transform attributes.   What really makes it pop is the use of basic animation principles like offset, and secondary motion.   Try working backwards.  Set up a your images on screen, key them, then move the CTI backward and animate them off using various methods of scale, position, opacity, etc. & then offset the timing.  Finally parent certain groups of assets to nulls and use them to create secondary movement.  For example...@ 00:17 there's a bunch of shapes that make up the clock.  After animating all those separate shapes to appear on screen & form the clock, you would select all those shapes and attach them to a null and then animate the null's scale or something to create some secondary movement.

As far as tutorials, some keywords you might to search for are mograph or motion graphics, mograph transitions, dynamic transitions, etc...

There's a Youtube channel called  Mt. Mograph that has some tutorials which might not be exactly like this but might give you some

idea of how to approach it.  If your a beginner the second one (summit 26) might be better as the other uses a weird custom interface layout.

Summit 47 - Smooth House Build - After Effects - YouTube

Summit 26 - Slick Object Transitions - After Effects - YouTube

Here's another that looks useful.   It's allso not quite a simplified in the style of the images but the principles behind creating the animation is the same.

Earth Hour Tutorial After effects - YouTube

Finally, your fear about attempting to recreate this look turning out like a cheap copy.  It probably will.  That's called learning.

PS.  The "Trim Paths" effect is used alot in the video you posted.  So do a search on using trim paths in after effects

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gutter-Fish. That is an excellent and thorough answer, wow. I have many leads to follow now and learn about the tools I'll need to make this presentation style.

In a different forum they suggested I could use Ourobouros or Super Stroker and use the Flow preset to simply working with the animation curves. I thought they were also excellent tips so I leave them here in case somebody else is working on a similar thing and can find this useful.

Highly appreciated guys.

Best wishes for your own endeavors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! I forgot to ask. How long would you estimate it would take to do a similar presentation to somebody that is a professional and how long could it take for somebody that is a beginner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to say how long. Once I had all the assets I'd guess it would

take me anywhere from 15 to 30 hours (1-3 days). But I only have a couple

years experience. Someone with more experience might be able to pull it off

in half a day, IDK. If I imagine myself trying to do this as a total

beginner, it would have probably taken me a month if not more. And my

animating probably still would not have been anywhere near as good as

what's in the video in terms of timing and other little animating tricks

that make stuff like that look really great. Animating is easy. Animating

WELL is not. It takes years of practice.

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 7:04 PM, toniumosat!1 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

haha okok, I understand perfectly and I agree. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines