• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems With Lightroom 3 After Windows 10 Upgrade

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently installed the Windows 10 latest upgrade and now find I have problems with Lightroom v3. Many of my folders in my Library have gone missing. Plus I cannot find my Lightroom backup files since backing up since first Windows 10 installation of 2016. Indeed within my Lightroom programme it is showing that I am still running on Windows 7!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

johnm82824592  wrote

Indeed within my Lightroom programme it is showing that I am still running on Windows 7!

I suggest uninstalling LR 3 and reinstalling using the last LR 3.6 update download here:

Adobe - Lightroom : For Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 has been know to change drive letters (F: to E:, etc.) for external HDDs. In the Library left panel right-click on the drive letter with missing folders, select 'Update Folder Location,' and then navigate to the new drive letter that Windows 10 has assigned.

Re-linking Files and Folders in Lightroom « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Looks like many issues are developed or developing. Sometime the best answer is to "Blow up" the foundation (OS) and start over again. Not the best solution. Make sure all your data is back up. D/L WIN 10 it's still free.. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnm82824592  wrote

Indeed within my Lightroom programme it is showing that I am still running on Windows 7!

I suggest uninstalling LR 3 and reinstalling using the last LR 3.6 update download here:

Adobe - Lightroom : For Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your suggestions. I took the 2nd one and uninstalled v3 then installed v3.6. All working well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that fixed the issue. I'll add Lightroom 3 to the subject title to help others who land here with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines