Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2017 CC slow, lags after selection

Enthusiast ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 / 64 bit / 32 gig ram / Core i7 3.5

When I first started my computer this morning and opened Indesign, I got a bluescreen shutdown. The recovery ran and the machine restarted and I opened InDesign to work on a tabloid I'm creating with a deadline of tomorrow. Now, when I launch indesign and open the tabloid file and click on a text frame or an image the bounding box appears and I make one move with the tablet or mouse and indesign freezes for a while and and what ever cursor model (white or black arrow) you are in when the freeze starts remains until it unfreezes in about 10 or 15 seconds and then unfreezes and I make another move and it freezes again. When I shut down last night, Indesign was working just fine.

The issue is not with the file. I started indesign in my laptop and opened the tab file in it and was able to edit normally.

Can anyone help. I have a critical deadline in about 24 hours and the project is close, but not complete.

Thanks,

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you tell which InDesign version are you using?

If you are using CC 2017.0 can you upgrade to CC 2017.1?

Otherwise, if you dont want to upgrade you can try Troubleshoot text selection issues

If you are not using CC 2017.1 then please let us know.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing you should always do when InDesign starts acting wonky is to trash the preference files. With a Finder window open and InDesign closed put your finger on the Option key (on a Mac) and with the Home Icon clicked go under the Go menu, choose library, click on Preferences and delete the highlighted items "Adobe InDesign" and "com.adobe.InDesign.plist".

Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 1.25.32 PM.png

Then relaunch InDesign. This is especially useful after a crash such as you've described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, you are absolutely right about deleting preferences. That is the first fix-all for most Adobe software I've used./ Somehow, my little pea brain forgot about that. Unfortunately, in this case, it did not work. The condition is still there, but thanks for responding.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you try the solution posted by me above?

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I did.

Thanks,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines