Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Elements 15 files are 100% damaged in folder

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I purchased Adobe Photoshop and Premier Elements 15 DVD six months ago. Both programs worked fine. I saved all Premier Elements projects in the external hard drive WD Elements. I use Akai EIE Pro as interface to narrate. This device is very sensitive and sometimes ran PC to an error with this blue  Windows screen and long time restarting.

After the last such error in the beginning of May 2017 Premier Elements when clicked to start asked me to Sign in or offered 30 days Trial option. I was in rush with my new project and skipped both offerings. I finished this new project successfully and saved video for share. I closed program as usually I did it.

Next time I clicked an icon to start Premier Elements and it did nothing. Welcome Screen did not appear. I clicked Adobe Photoshop icon, then Video editor  in Welcome Screen. When asked to Sign in I signed in and licensed Premier Elements with serial number.

I changed Preferences to Realtek HD Audio which is within my PC. I do not remember exactly but I clicked to clean the Cache in appeared window (I never did the same before). I noticed that the program was working, I got successfully  sound through the Pc's sound card. But PC was unusually hard working all the time Premier Elements was open (the noise from fan was noticeably loud). I couldn't close the Welcome Screen but to restart the PC. When I tried to open after restarting Premier Elements again - the picture was the same: you can open Premier only by clicking Photoshop icon and the noise from fan was significant all the time.

Yesterday night I discovered that all Premier Elements 15 projects in the folder were damaged. All 100% projects. Projects from Premier Elements 11 which were in the same folder were not damaged.

I uninstalled both Premier and Photoshop and reinstalled them. Again, I was seeing the same - I couldn't open Premier by clicking its icon. What to do? Can I restore damaged Premier Elements files?

If you have any suggestions, please help! Thank you in advance.

Windows 10 Home

Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHZ 2.20 GHZ

RAM 8.00GB

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

vlad71893173

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try resetting the preferences first:

Restore default preferences

Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note: Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
  • Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.

from here:

Preference file locations for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Rather than opening project files from an external drive, it would be better to copy the project file to your internal hard drive and open that file.

Do you have backup project files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peru Bob for your answer. Adobe Photoshop seems to work properly and doesn't need to reset preferences settings or I am wrong? I have trouble with Premier Elements 15 damaged project files and opening that particular program. Unfortunately I did not back up project files from Premier 15. I think that I should put in my question one sentence more. I use Bitdefender Internet Security 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preference file locations for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Just for Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again! I have tried to contact Adobe Customer Service. Ajay Sharma successfully helped me to resolve the problem on June 12 2017 by using remote control of my PC. Files were retrieved and PRE 15 now opens without any difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you've got it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines