• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Slow playback

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on composition in ae cc2017 and the audio I imported does not play at normal speed even when I preview it. How can I get it to playback at normal speed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this post not sure if it will solve your problem.

Preview without rendering in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks alex..I didn't find anything there that resolved my issue..The audio is still laggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laggy when you ram preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes..it plays slow then really slow then back to slow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's normal first you must ram preview and when you see a green line right under the time indicators on the time line it should play at a normal speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The green is there thru the whole sequence but still plays back slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, is "cache before playback" enabled in your preview tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, I have no idea how to help. I'm sorry. I did my best. Have you tried something as simple as restarting you computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate your help..yeah I tried that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your composition playing back at real time? (Check the info panel while it's playing.)

In your preview panel, do you have it set to mute audio if playback isn't real time?

What, exact, version of AE are you running? There have been some updates since CC 2017 was first released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does playback in realtime after I render it. I don't see the mute audio if playback isn't real time option in preview panel. I'm using ae cc 2017 v14.2.0.198. Thanks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, when you say it plays in real time after you render it, do you mean once you've cached the preview? So, it plays back in real time once you have the green bar over your timeline?

Also, there was an update to AE released today, you might give it a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the info panel it says it playing back in real time after the whole comp is green but the audio is still slow. If I play the audio track from the project panel it plays at normal speed. Did update still having the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we see screenshots of your two audio preferences screens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're just being impatient.  Hit the zero key on the numeric keypad.  Walk away,  Grab a cup of coffee or a soda.  Listen to what's happening upon your return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue as the OP and I'm not editing anything, I don't even have any file in the project other than the WAV file. It slows down even when I merely maximize or collapse the layer view. I've got 16GB RAM, 10 of which are for AE, and i'm not running any other software. I've set all the preview resolution options to 1/4, I've checked the "Cache Before Playback" box, and it keeps doing it after caching, I've tried a 6 second WAV file with a 48 kHz sample rate to match the audio hardware configuration. The frame rate is the same as the comp. The problem persists. The audio is going in all kinds of crazy speeds, and it only happens in the preview.

Am I being impatient too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi OrangeN,

Are you still seeing this behavior? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you're previewing, try not to show the sound wave, that slows down the system and the preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has got nothing to do with it. People in other forums even say showing the sound  wave made it play at the right speed (which  bet it’s a coincidence). In some computers, AE simply can’t seem to communicate properly with the hardware while previewing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's good to know, but hiding the wave has worked for me on my computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines