• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

import failure

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,  i have been importing mp4 files from my phantom 4 pro into elements   (latest version) these are 4k files.  never had any issues.

now for some reason my newer videos wont open ,  it comes up with "importer reporter a generic error"    all my older files open fine.

what could be the problem,   i run windows 10 on my laptop which has a nvidia geforce gtx card and heaps of ram and i7 processor.

searched for this issue but nothing i saw could help.

any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Premiere Elements are you using?

Have you tried installing Quicktime 7? (You can select to disable to QuicktimePlayer.exe, as it is considered a security risk, but the other components can be important in working with MOV and MP4 files.)

QuickTime 7.6 for Windows

Have you manually gone to the nVidia site and ensured you have the latest drivers for your video card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i installed quicktime and it seems to work for now.  it doesnt make any sense as i have been using exactly the same files just fine without quicktime.   the files open in every other program except elements.    im not sure why a fancy adobe program would need an ancient apple program like quicktime to make something work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I said, Quicktime does provide some components that Windows doesn't otherwise have.

If we've resolved your issue, please mark this question as correctly answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines