• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search results cannot be displayed correctly

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2008 Oct 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a topic which references some code. The code can be displayed correctly when the topic is opened from the TOC, however, when I use some keyword to search for that topic and open it from the Search list, the code in the topic cannot be displayed correctly. Has anyone ever encountered such problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, the output layout is WebHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

We gathered it was WebHelp as that is the forum you posted in. :-)

It doesn't make sense at all. A topic is a topic. If you just double click the file in Windows Explorer, how does it display?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2008 Oct 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Peter. If I just double click the file in Windows Explorer, it displays well. The code referenced in the file can be shown correctly.

I tried the same guide generated using RoboHelp5, everything is OK (I'm using RoboHelp 7.0 now). The code in that topic displays correctly either when the topic is opened from TOC or from the search list. However, this topic (file) hasn't been changed any more ever since it was created, so I think something might be wrong with RoboHelp 7's search functionality. Our QA guess the code may be complied when RoboHelp performing the searching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2008 Oct 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The search data is created when you generate the help, not when the search is made. If the search works correctly when you run the help independantly, then the issue has to be the way the help is called and that is for your developers to resolve.

The code is no different when they call to when you call it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp