• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Number Imported (Appears) Not Correct

New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently installed LR6 standalone for Mac and am having trouble confirming that the # of files I have imported is accurate. According to the Mac (Command-I), I have 13300 files & sub-folders in one folder and 4918 in the other. The sub-folders are almost all top level, so I can pretty confidently say there are about 90 sub-folders (all the rest being files) in the 1st and 60 in the 2nd. Yet, I'm realizing both in PhotoSupreme 3 (which I use) and in LR (which I'm new to) that I'm not getting the right number of files.

FOLDER A             FOLDER B

Mac.           ~13210                     ~4858

PhotoSup3   12054                       4727

LR6               12123                       4661

It concerns me that these numbers don't seem to add up. My files are 90% TIFFs, some JPEGs, several dozen MOV's, and about 4 MP4's. I've synchronized in both PhotoSup3 and LR6 and they claim they're all synchronized. At first LR6 didn't import the videos but I upgraded to 6.1 and then it worked (getting me to the numbers above).

Any thoughts for how I can confirm more accurately if I have all the files imported? It wouldn't even be helpful to know if there an app for the Mac that more accurately lets me see the # of files & folders?

Thanks for your help,

Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eirc,

Lightroom does imports duplicates and a combination of Raw and jpeg images treating them as different files, this may increase or decrease the number of images as they appear in Folder info details.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines