• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC InDesign 2015 freezes up after opening a file

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user that is trying to work in InDesign 2015 and they will open an InDesign file (doesn't seem to matter which one).  She can work in the file for a few minutes and then suddenly the program will freeze and not even end task in the task manager will get rid of the window.  It only goes away using a hard boot.  There are no Events in the event viewer indicating the crash.  I have had the user clear the preferences by deleting the InDesign folder in C:\Users\username\appdata\local and roamin\Adobe.  I had them reboot and it continues to happen.  I also completely uninstalled InDesign 2015 using the check box to clear preferences.  I then rebooted, reinstalled and ran our License bat to re-license the product.  The issue persists.  I am out of ideas at this point. 

No others are having the same problem if that helps.  If you have any suggestions or questions regarding additional troubleshooting, please let me know.  I am a bit of an Adobe newbie so please be patient with me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can u share that file with us?

did u clear the %TEMP%?

maybe u must clear the temp while the file has too much pages

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ensure there's no problems with ADware on the system.

There's an issue with a program by Lavasoft called Webcom.

Let me know if this fixes the issue by removing the 3rd party adware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Saeed, this is going to sound like a complete newbie question but that is what I am in Adobe.  Where is the %temp% file that you need me to try and clear?  I ask because I did clear the preferences C:\Users\username\appdata\local and roaming\Adobe by deleting the InDesign folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines