• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC says Photoshop is installed but is not

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is the sequence of events when trying to install Photoshop through Creative Cloud. Photoshop seems to be the only app having issues. I have quit and relaunched, rebooted my computer, but cannot get Photoshop to work. There is no error message in installing Photoshop, but as soon as it's installed and says "up to date" the app jumps down to "find additional apps". The bottom image shows it has been installed a number of times, but it is not.

Thank you for the help!

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 8.25.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-12 at 8.57.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 8.25.59 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

try downloading the full program executable from Adobe which by-passes the desktop application

Download Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried a Search on Photoshop? Have you checked your Programs folder? What happens if you try to open a .psd by clicking on it? Are you getting any error messages? What type of system are you on? OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes nothing comes up when searching Photoshop. Opening a .psd document will only open in a preview window, and will not prompt Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No error messages, Installer says it has been completed but then bumps down. Nothing in programs folder, applications, downloads. I am on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version OS are you running? Have you completely rebooted your machine? Try logging out of CC manager, shutting down your system, restart and sign back in to CC Manager.

What version of CC manager are you on? Check this by clicking on the gear icon > preferences... Have you recently purchased the single app license? Are there any issues with your payment plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have completely rebooted my machine, signing back into CC Manager and downloading Photoshop gives the same result. There are no issues with InDesign or Illustrator.

The payment plan seems to be working great, no issues with downloading other apps. CC version 4.1.1.202, Mac OS Sierra version 10.12.5

Thank you again for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try downloading the full program executable from Adobe which by-passes the desktop application

Download Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

glad it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try cmgap suggestions first-if no joy try the following .

It does look as if something is wrong with the Desktop App, probably a corrupt xml file, but the following will be quicker than editing that file. I would suggest removing everything with the CC Cleaner tool.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Once you have done that, download the CC Desktop application

Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

You will probably need to login to the desktop app to avoid having a trial status.

Finally install Photoshop from the desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using. I use Windows and have many versions of Photoshop and Bridge installed.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines