• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to PDF Failed 2017.1

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to Export to PDF it will go for abit then go to failed to export. I tried to export as other files (ex: xml) and it worked. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from scratch but it still causing issues. I've even tried re-creating the file and it still fails.

Any assistance would be helpful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

FYI - after many trials and errors, the issue I found was my permissions for one of my linked folders I was using had been changed (we are migrating data).  Therefore the images I used could not be accessed when exporting (they showed on screen but could not export or print).  I re-linked the images in a new folder and export worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had the same results with other files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have and the issue only came up when It upgraded to the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Techyetti,

Where are you exporting the PDF to? I mean local in the computer or in a network/external drive? Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the settings used while exporting PDF?

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried saving to both Network and Local with the same results

Attached is a photo of the settings I've left everything as default Settings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't see your screenshot. Please attach it via browser, not via e-mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshot. Is this happening with a specific file? I tried reproducing the same and mine is working perfectly fine. Would you mind sharing a sample file so that we can try it at our end?

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue which has only started occurring (not sure if I should add to this or start new thread, so apologies if I'm in error here). 

I am a novice user, so had my file designed for me (by an expert), to which I change text on a few pages for different files (proposals).  I have been able to export the file for months until now.

I have even opened an old file, and tried to export again and it failed - it exported previously and is unchanged.

I get the error on as follows;

a Background Task Alert

1 problem (1 failure) was found with a background task

>Export "Management Proposal - 143-149 Kerr St, Fitzroy - Online Version.pdf" (1)

Export 1.PNG

I have tried exporting single pages (as suggested in separate Forum Thread) but seem to fail on all pages bar on or two pages.

My Export settings are

Export 2.PNG

Any assistance welcomed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did attach the screenshot via the browser not sure how to do it via email.

This is happening with all files now, I do have a sample file I can send you that you can review with. Please let me know how you would like to receive it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Techyetti

The failures in the background task might be due to many reasons. You can try exporting few pages and narrow down the problem by identifying which page exactly is the faulty one. After you have identified the page you can look for page items that might be causing the problem, if any.

One workaround to this is you can try putting the document in a book file. File -> New Book. Add the document .

Make the PDF from the book Panel - as this doesn't go through the background task.

Do let me know if any of these solve your problem.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rohit_ID,

I've tried re-creating the file from scratch and that one has the same problem. I've also tried a 1 page file and that failed as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rohit_ID I tried the work around and this is what happened

Error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI - after many trials and errors, the issue I found was my permissions for one of my linked folders I was using had been changed (we are migrating data).  Therefore the images I used could not be accessed when exporting (they showed on screen but could not export or print).  I re-linked the images in a new folder and export worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines