Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects preview blurry

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For school i need to make a movie trailer and long story short, I made an animated logo with After Effects 2017. However, both my preview and rendered video are blurry and stutter. I will include some screenshots below! I need to know how to fix this as soon as possible as I have a deadline to this! Also I would like to ask if the instructions for this can be explained as clearly as possible as I have very little knowledge of this programme and terms used in the computer world!

Thanks in advance!Screenshot (9).pngThe letters here "stutter" when appearing, however, the rest of the preview was like this as well but has cleared up now. Is it possible my computer is just loading?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you upload a capture image of your composition settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (10).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we see a full screenshot without the dialog box there too?

Also, can we see a screenshot of your render settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi KimV,

We didn't see your screenshot without the dialog box. Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stutters are normal for a preview and sometimes a final product may stutter as well but it's usually just the player buffering.

By any chance did you turn motion blur on in the comp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you render at Best Settings Lossless from the AE Render Queue?  If so, that's a very high bandwidth file.

Try this:

1. In AE, Select your Comp.
  2. Choose Composition > Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue.
  3. In Adobe Media Encoder (AME), set the Format to H264, set the Preset to Match Source - High Bitrate, set a name and location, then press the Start Queue button.  Note:  It may take a moment for AME to open and for the Comp to show up in the Queue tab.

The resulting MP4 will be low bandwidth by comparison and should play smoothly.

However (and this is a huge however), how are you using this animation later?  Is it getting imported into a Premiere Pro project?  A Final Cut Pro project?  An Avid Media Composer project?  This solution only covers getting a file that will look good and play smoothly.  It is not the right choice if you're creating source footage for another video editing application.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for your quick response, however, my settings were already set as you described. So it didn't change anything And I'm using it for Premiere Pro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines