• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC (2017.1.1) keeps crashing/freezing when saving as PNG

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find this weird. It's the first launch of Photoshop since install. I had it before, but I formatted from Windows 8 and installed Windows 10. And when installing Photoshop CC again, it gave me the newest version, and this fucker keeps crashing on me when trying to save a file as .png. Never experienced this before, and the internet is full of unanswered questions about this issue. Saving a .PSD worked fine, saving a .PNG file with a background worked, but when trying to save a logo in .PNG, the app crashes.

So this is what happens: I open up Photoshop. I make the size of the logo and drag the logo in from another file, delete the background (need it transparent). Then I go Save As.. and choose PNG. Then when clicking ok, it just freezes. No windows showing "Adobe Photoshop has crashed.." or anything like that, it just freezes right before the last save as window pops up. I have to force quit the app through Task Manager.

It does not even get display the screen for adjusting PNG settings. Freezes right before that.

Any ideas?

Information:

Windows 10 (Latest Update)

Adobe Photoshop CC 2017.1.1 (Freshly installed)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

JJMACK is correct.

Chances are its a memory issue or a video card issue.

Make sure you have the latest video driver installed.

When you go to run PS R-click the icon and select "run as administrator" and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Photoshop is crashing you should post the details in windows crash report.

CC 2015 crash.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JJMACK is correct.

Chances are its a memory issue or a video card issue.

Make sure you have the latest video driver installed.

When you go to run PS R-click the icon and select "run as administrator" and see if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines