Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR4 has just started to give me a message "Preview Unavailable for this file"

Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR4 has just started to give me a message "Preview Unavailable for this file"followed by the file name extension.

I am using Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5 and LR4

Shows me files from one camera but not the other. All file sharing properties are set to "Read and Write" using the same SD card.

Does not see either Raw or Jpeg files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

You need to upgrade to LR 6 ($79) or subscribe to the CC Photography plan (Lightroom and Photoshop, $10 a month)

To learn about and download the DNG converter: Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

But I would recommend upgrading to LR 6, or even better to subscribe to the CC Photography Plan, which includes new features that you will not get with LR 6.

If you use the DNG converter, you'll be missing out on a lot of new features that have been introduced in Lightroom sin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jonathanh,

Please take a look at this discussion Preview unavailable for this file - problem Preview unavailable for this file - problem and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but this did not fix the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the camera whose files are showing this error message? What is the camera whose files are not showing this error message?

What is the exact version number of LR 4? (go to Help->System Info)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version: 4.4 [891433]

Version: 10.12 [5]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 3.0 GHz

Built-in memory: 4096.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 4096.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 269.7 MB (6.5%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 746.0 MB

Memory cache size: 4.0 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 2

Displays: 1) 1920x1080

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera is a Canon EOS 80D that the files are not showing on. the old camera Canon 600D worked fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That camera is not supported in the very old LR 4. You need to either upgrade LR or use the Free Adobe DNG converter program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version do I need to upgrade to ?

Can you please point me in the direction of the Free Adobe DNG converter, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your camera requires at least Lightroom 6.5/CC 2015.5. Here is the link to the latest DNG converter:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.10.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to upgrade to LR 6 ($79) or subscribe to the CC Photography plan (Lightroom and Photoshop, $10 a month)

To learn about and download the DNG converter: Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

But I would recommend upgrading to LR 6, or even better to subscribe to the CC Photography Plan, which includes new features that you will not get with LR 6.

If you use the DNG converter, you'll be missing out on a lot of new features that have been introduced in Lightroom since version 4,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines