• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing images

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import images and a window pops up saying "some import operations were not performed". "could not copy a file to the destination folder because it was not writable". And in brackets the number of photos.

Below that all the the photos that I wanted to import, e.g. DSC_123.NEF

Save as... and OK

Any idea how I can make this work again?? I tried older photos just to see if it was just these particular ones. And it did the same thing for older photos.

Please help!

Thank you,

Nicole.

See below.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

"because it was not writable".

Do you think this might be a clue?

Check the folder that you have in the "Destination" panel of the Import dialog. Know what folder exactly you are trying to copy your files into (or the options for a  folder that Lr is trying to create for your).

If the Destination and folder is set correctly, then exit Lightroom and check the Read/Write permissions for the Destination location.

Do you have full Read/Write permissions for the Hard-drive, the parent folders, and any su

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"because it was not writable".

Do you think this might be a clue?

Check the folder that you have in the "Destination" panel of the Import dialog. Know what folder exactly you are trying to copy your files into (or the options for a  folder that Lr is trying to create for your).

If the Destination and folder is set correctly, then exit Lightroom and check the Read/Write permissions for the Destination location.

Do you have full Read/Write permissions for the Hard-drive, the parent folders, and any sub-folders, that are in the destination?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! You solved my problem 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi nicoleh,

Normally this type of error message is a permissions issue. In addition to checking the permissions of the destination drive and folder tree, you may need to do a Disk - Repair Permissions on that drive.

Also, you can refer the below discussion related to the same issue.

Lightroom: Error message "could not copy a file to the requested location." | Photoshop Family Custo...

Lightroom encountered an error when reading it's preview cache 

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines