Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Edit In" tool bar greyed out?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My PC recently upgraded WIN 10. I now notice that I cannot access my plugins via the "Edit In" dialogue menu".

Any ideas?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Are you having problems finding your external editors in the Nik collection or are you seeing question marks or exclamation points on your images? Your original post says you are not able to find your editors. If you have the preference to Store Presets with this Catalog checked you will not see you Nik Collection - Read more here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiJg6v717rUAhWKdD4KHZGCDJQQFggm…

If you've moved your images around outside o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably need to reinstall the plugins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope I reinstalled and still greyed out?? Any ideas anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These two situations will show all "Edit In" options greyed out-

1. There is not an image selected.

2. the selected image original file is 'missing'  '!'

I reinstalled and still greyed out?

What did you re-install? Lightroom or the Additional External Editors?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Store Presets with this Catalog checked in Preferences. If yes uncheck this box, exit Lr and reopen Lr. Let us know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled the plugins. I did move some photos but even the photos I did not move also don't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Denis, We are going to need a lot more detail if anyone is to help your problem.

What plugins? What named? Where did you buy/download? How did you re-install?

Are they "Additional External editing Programs" or "Plugins"?

Your Operating system? Your Lightroom version number?

Location of original image files- internal/external?

Saying "...don't work"  is simply not enough information on which to base an answer.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nik Collection plugin. Is the latest LRCC update which I have reloaded and it now does not see any of my old files/photo. I think when I moved some photos I broke the index...I only moved old files and did not touch newer ones. I moved the older ones to an external drive. I know that one should use LR itself to move the files which I have always done ...but these were files/folders not in my catalogue.so I thought) . I think this is the problem I need to start a new catalogue and re-import my newer files that I want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you having problems finding your external editors in the Nik collection or are you seeing question marks or exclamation points on your images? Your original post says you are not able to find your editors. If you have the preference to Store Presets with this Catalog checked you will not see you Nik Collection - Read more here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiJg6v717rU...

If you've moved your images around outside of Lr you will need to tell Lr where they by clicking on the question mark or missing image text and relink them. Read more here: How to find missing photos in Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the help.

The problem is basically the moving of the images. I have solved the problem.

Thanks so much for the help

Denis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! Glad that worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines