• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 2017 on Windows 7 won't open files.

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open existing files in Photoshop. I've tried opening many different files of various types (including .jpgs and .tiffs) the File Menu, going through Lightroom (which works fine), through  Bridge, double-clicking files through Explorer, dragging and dropping, using "Recent Files". I don't get any error messages; Photoshop simply doesn't open a new window.

I can create a new file, which creates a new window.

The only error I can find is in the Windows Event log:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 18.0.0.53, time stamp: 0x57fde9fd

Faulting module name: Spaces.8li_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57fde3d0

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000007fed33f53d0

Faulting process id: 0x272c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2e3fb33db7081

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: Spaces.8li

Report Id: 1235bf5a-4ff0-11e7-85c6-0071cc7ebe82

I tried uninstalling and re-installing Photoshop, and then the entire CC photography suite. I've got plenty of memory and plenty of disk space.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.0.0 20161012.r.53 2016/10/12:23:00:00 CL 1094006  x64

Number of Launches: 39

Version: 7 SP1

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:12, Stepping:3 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2, HyperThreading

Physical processor count: 4

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3591 MHz

Built-in memory: 16301 MB

Free memory: 8026 MB

Memory available to Photoshop: 14507 MB

Memory used by Photoshop: 60 %

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kingfysher,

When you open any file Photoshop what you do you see, any error code or may be a black screen? please share the screenshot for the same.

Also, you may try and reset the Photoshop preferences and check if that helps.

Preferences in Photoshop

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mohit

This is what I get when I try to load an image (whether by starting PS first, choosing "Open with ->Photoshop" from Windows Explorer, or via Lightroom or Bridge). Note that it's simply the Photoshop app without any files open.photoshop.jpg

No error message is displayed by Photoshop itself. and nothing gets created in C:\Local\Temp\PhotoshopCrashes when I try to open a file.

I've tried to change the performance and file handling preferences, but it hasn't made any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines