• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trapcode Tao object vanishing after increase in comp length?

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys ive made a space / planet scene. I created a 3D planet with Tao. My original comp length was 15 seconds.

I've now increased my comp length to 20 seconds to fade in some text once the planet animates to its final position...

.... But my planet completely vanishes from screen at the original 15 second mark!!?? My backgrounds, stars, lights etc all remain. Just the 3d planet is vanishing.

I cant see why - ive not Keyframed any time properties/ opacity or anything like that. The planet is linked to a Null and camera.

Ive opened all the TAO effects properties and the only thing time related i can see is regards generating paths from lights, and that box is set to 30 seconds.

Anyone have any idea why my planet is giving up on life after 15 seconds???????? Im tearing my hair our here.

Thanks kindly,

Sebastian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Well, is the layer actually full comp length? Are any external input layers also properly extended to cover the full duration. Otherwise you could simply be seeing the end of your graphics card's resources and TAO being unable to generate more geometry, but that's impossible to say without proper system info, screenshots and knowing the exact settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, is the layer actually full comp length? Are any external input layers also properly extended to cover the full duration. Otherwise you could simply be seeing the end of your graphics card's resources and TAO being unable to generate more geometry, but that's impossible to say without proper system info, screenshots and knowing the exact settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

You nailed it. Thanks very much for prompt reply. 

It was an external input layer - a pre comped animated texture for the planet surface was not the correct length of time.

Fixed now and my planet LIVES ON!

ALL HAIL CYBERTRON! ( and Mylenium)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines