• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I save photos from computer to hard drive to star editing?

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am totally new to this. I have a Mac laptop where i have saved all photos taken with my Nikon, I am trying to save photos to hard drive to import to light room. when I attempt to save to hard drive I get an error.

I dont know how else to import photos to lightroom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the error you are getting. That is something we need to know.

It is more than like a permissions error because the folder you have selected in the Destination section of the LR import dialog window doesn;t have the proper permissions for your username to save file to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have already saved your photos to your hard drive it's not clear what kind of error you are getting. Take a look at this Adobe help article: How to transfer photos from a hard drive folder to Photoshop Lightroom

Let us know if you have more questions after following the steps in the article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your responses. When I try to save to hard drive it says unsupported. how do I give LR permission to import pics. I've gone through the settings to try to see if I could find a way but I get the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to save to hard drive it says unsupported.

If Lightroom is giving this error message, this suggests your camera model is not supported by the Version of Lightroom that you have.

Look in this link for supported cameras-

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Reply in this thread with-

Your exact camera model.

Your Lightroom version number (in Lr go  Menu>Help>System Info,  and report the first line "version".)

The exact word-for-word error message.

And your procedure and settings in the Import dialog.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

danielm.eptx915  wrote

Thank you for your responses. When I try to save to hard drive it says unsupported. how do I give LR permission to import pics. I've gone through the settings to try to see if I could find a way but I get the same result.

What do you mean "save to hard drive"? What says it is unsupported? What step produces this error? Please give us a lot more details. Please give us the complete exact unedited error message, and not some truncated version of the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines