• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to avoid ID recomposing ALL the time the when editing a long document?

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I mean: I am inserting graphs, texts, formatting heavily the text, inserting pages, etcetera, in a 400 pp file.

How to do this in order to avoid ID, each moment, recomposing and spending a lot of time in it?

The document ideally should not be fragmented in a «book» option although I really don'y know if that must be the path.

I do prefer to be jumping easily from one chapter to another, to control new changes or ideas...

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Hi,

Mac 10.10.5 / last ID 10.0.0.81 v. 2017

Think it is not a hardware malfunction. The document is a threaded galley with 7 chapters. Simply, inserrting or editing text means to wait some seconds (15-20 or more...).

In an illustrated book with dozens of photographs the machine is very solvent. Just in these files with text + editing the problem is visible.

Perhaps converting the document to a book may be a solution but preferred to consult here...

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system?

What version of InDesign?

Are you just barely meeting the system requirements for your version and OS?

System requirements for Adobe InDesign CC for Mac and Windows OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Mac 10.10.5 / last ID 10.0.0.81 v. 2017

Think it is not a hardware malfunction. The document is a threaded galley with 7 chapters. Simply, inserrting or editing text means to wait some seconds (15-20 or more...).

In an illustrated book with dozens of photographs the machine is very solvent. Just in these files with text + editing the problem is visible.

Perhaps converting the document to a book may be a solution but preferred to consult here...

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Preflight is turned off, and, you would of course get better performance if the document was broken up into chapters and managed as a book file. You could still jump chapter-to-chapter easily without having such a big draw on your system memory.

Also, if you're using a recent CC version, be sure to disable the 2 settings under Type Contextual Controls in Preferences > Advanced Type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John,

Thanks. It seems book files menu is the path here.

I was looking to stop ID recomposing in this editing process.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines