• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

One character per line in a text field - error

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a PDF which has a text field in it, it has been working normally for months, filled with lots of lovely text by the users.

Recently, after no discernable changes I can see, the users are now getting an unexpected result (error)

Whilst using Acrobat Reader DC, when they type text into the multi-line field, after each letter the form goes down to a new line, and so the text ends up being typed vertically, one character at a time.

l

i

k

e

t

h

i

s

The Space Bar therefore acts like a return key.

Once the text has been typed vertically, they can press into some of the fields above which resets the text to horizontal... like this

And sometimes that lasts until they have typed all they need to, but sometimes it goes back vertical again.

This error occurs on an ANDROID tablet only (desktop and ipad are fine)

Anyone have any idea how I go about solving this?

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having conducted further work and further testing the problem seems to be with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Ver 17.2.173338

Returning to an earlier version removes the problem, and this is what we have done

Ver 16.3.1-155226 works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines