• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overflow converting ratio denominators (17 :: 18)

Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to import videos from my HDD (Shadow Play) It always give me this error

Overflow converting ratio denominators (17 :: 18)

I tried to change the frame rate but the video got shorter

How to fix it with out effecting the video length ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Use Adobe Media Encoder (or, if that doesn't work, Handbrake) to convert your video to a production codec - that is, DNxHD, Cineform, QuickTime with the PNG codec, QuickTime with the Photo-JPEG codec, etc. and then import the resulting video into After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Adobe Media Encoder (or, if that doesn't work, Handbrake) to convert your video to a production codec - that is, DNxHD, Cineform, QuickTime with the PNG codec, QuickTime with the Photo-JPEG codec, etc. and then import the resulting video into After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there more easier way because converting will take a long time with long footages ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No.

Shadow Play records at a variable frame rate. After Effects can not deal with that. It must be converted first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines