• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combined PDF's are viewing as different sizes.

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I combined several 8.5x11 landscaped PDF's. Once combined they are not viewing as the same size page when scrolling through. How do I make them all to the same scale?

I have confirmed the in preferences the default when converting to PDF is 8.5x11 for Excel, Word & PPT.

Thank you,

T

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Combining files to a single PDF does not cause them to have the same page size. The original page sizes are maintained, even in the new file. That is by design.

If you want to make sure that all pages have the same size you should do so before converting them to PDF. Alternatively, you can scale the PDF pages. If you have Acrobat Pro DC you can do it using the Preflight tool. If you have any other version you can use a plugin or a script, like this one I've developed: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Scale PDF Pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue when combining Word and Excel 2016 files into a single pdf , when scrolling the Excel file appears a different size however it prints OK. Any help much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try setting your view magnification to Zoom to Fit Page (control/command-zero).

zoom1.jpg

Or press this button:

zoom2.jpg

The idea is that pages in a single PDF file can be of different dimensions, but if viewed to fit the page to the view panel, they will all fill the space and appear similar (regardless of their actual dimensions).  This is a great strength of PDF file, IMHO.  If this helps, and you want other to see the PDF the same way, you can visit the Document Properties (File>Properties), click on the Initial View tab, and set the magnification to Fit Page.

I hope this is helpful.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines