• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roto Brush Tool Problem

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using AE 2017 and am having a problem with the roto brush tool. When I select an object to isolate, and then press Pg Down to go to the next frame, it adjusts the pink line, as it should. After about 20 frames, though, it suddenly drops the pink line and I have to start all over again tracing. As I am working with 2000+ frames, I don't want to have to do it this way. Is there another, faster way to roto frames?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

The roto brush tool is not as intuitive as it appears. For example, you talked about tracing things. You should not trace things with the roto brush!

This page is a good place to start learning about it in addition tot he help document the others have pointed you to.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to study some of the tutorials. Type Rotobrush in the search help field at the top right corner of AE and study up on the community resources and help files. I've been using AE since version 1 and I couldn't figure out how to use Roto brush at all the first time I saw it.

When you study you will find the key is in a little indicator at the bottom of the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Rick said - start by reading the help on how the RB actually works. You have a completely wrong understanding of this stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a help forum and not I'm a smarter than you forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

His wording may have been a bit blunt, but I thought he was being helpful. Letting somebody know that their initial ideas of how things work are wrong is very useful - at least, it is to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The roto brush tool is not as intuitive as it appears. For example, you talked about tracing things. You should not trace things with the roto brush!

This page is a good place to start learning about it in addition tot he help document the others have pointed you to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm facing EXACTLY the same problem.  4 years later and nobody has posted a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines