• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

accordion menu and anchor links

Participant ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else noticed that when you set anchor links for items inside the accordion menu it wont close the menu?

by far the most annoying thing ever. So now the webpage scrolls down to that anchor link but the menu stays open.

Any fix or ideas on how to solve this?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

A "normal" menu, appropriatly configured. Believe me, it works fine. I know, a normal menu hasn't this slide up/down effect. But I, for my part, don't love these gimmicks.

Look here, some quick and dirty examples:

menu-tap.businesscatalyst.com

http://menu-tap-2.businesscatalyst.com

http://side-menu-test.businesscatalyst.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annoying? Did you ever see an accordion auto close! This never was an option!

Which action should trigger this? Anchors are HTML items, used to jump to certain vertical positions in the browser window. To put anchors into an accordion, is nothing but a Muse gimmick. To expect, whatever action should close the accordion again,  is really strange.

"by far the most annoying thing ever!" You are a lucky guy! Seems, you have no real problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not entirely sure what you are trying to say with "You are a lucky guy! Seems, you have no real problems!"

Anyways, to answer your question. No there is no "Auto Close" option. Anything clicked inside the menu on the open state should be able to close it. It will take some jquery in order make it close. Adobe muse needs to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An accordion is no menu! Believe me And if a menu within an accordion should close, why should the accordion itself close?

But I see, for you it is "the most annoying thing ever"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay..

If an accordion is no menu then what would your approach on this be? What would you suggest for a mobile menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A "normal" menu, appropriatly configured. Believe me, it works fine. I know, a normal menu hasn't this slide up/down effect. But I, for my part, don't love these gimmicks.

Look here, some quick and dirty examples:

menu-tap.businesscatalyst.com

http://menu-tap-2.businesscatalyst.com

http://side-menu-test.businesscatalyst.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting. A normal menu might be able to do the job. I will give it a try and see how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gunter,

A normal menu does work fine. How would a normal menu handle sub menus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines