Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing psd file, discolored layers

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

im not sure what I am doing wrong here. I am trying to animate a psd file i have. Whenever i import my psd file into ae, certain layers are either missing or discolored. Are there particular settings i need to set for this to stop happening? My PSD file is RGB 8bit 1950 px x 1050 px

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it is hard to tell if it's you or the computer, right?

This one sounds like there is something wrong with AE, PS or both.

Are you using AE and PS from the same versions of Creative Cloud?  For example, you're not creating artwork in PS CC 2017 and importing it into AE CC 2014, are you?  While that should work, it's safest to match CC versions.

If you import the PS file as Footage - Merged, does the document appear in AE as it did in PS?

If you create a new PS file from scratch with just three or four layers, does it import as a Comp as expected?

Another way to get from PS to AE is to export layers to files on the PS side.  You could try this (File > Export > Layers to Files) as a work around, even though it's not ideal.

Quick comment:  Are you sure your document is 1950 x1050 and not 1980 x 1080?  Even if it is 1950 x 1050, that would not cause layers to not appear or shift color.  It's just not a standard frame size.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi salexist,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines