• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Actions and scripting question

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm not so new to Photoshop but have never worked with actions so i need a little help. So I've made base of around 500 pictures that are all in 300dpi, cropped (transparent background) and in .png. What I need is to make two new sets of pictures from that base - thumbnails and FullHD. I need to add template background (already made), center and resize pictures to fit. + there are around 30 photos that wore cut on top so i also need to do the same as with rest of them only instead centering them they should star from top border of template background but maintain same px distance from left, right and bottom side as the rest of the photos. Thanks a bunch.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the 500 PNGs the same size (e.g. 3,000x2,000 px)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Unfortunately they are all different size (you work with what you have).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and pictures are in 300dpi because I also need them for printing too but sets will be used on net so dpi can be lowered

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. For an Action to work, they'd all need to be the same size. A script would be a much better option in this case. I'll move this thread to Photoshop Scripting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mg19158873  wrote

Hi there. I'm not so new to Photoshop but have never worked with actions so i need a little help. So I've made base of around 500 pictures that are all in 300dpi, cropped (transparent background) and in .png. What I need is to make two new sets of pictures from that base - thumbnails and FullHD. I need to add template background (already made), center and resize pictures to fit. + there are around 30 photos that wore cut on top so i also need to do the same as with rest of them only instead centering them they should star from top border of template background but maintain same px distance from left, right and bottom side as the rest of the photos. Thanks a bunch.

It is not hard to make collage templates PSD with Photoshop and Populate them with your image with Photoshop scripts.

The Hard part is designing templates the can easily be populated with a Photoshop script.  I made Photoshop Toolkit available you can use to do such work.

However I can not tell what you want to do with what you wrote here. All I recognize are the words these seem to be use in some context I don't get the meaning of. I do not know what you are actually trying to do from the way you strung these words together. 

A diagram or example of what you want would be helpful.

I very familiar with creating Action and a do hack as some Photoshop scripting.

Automatically laying out image of different sizes and resolution.  Into a single document with some other size and resolution would be quite a feat. To make and appealing layout where all image fit together and retain their aspect ratios and size relative to each others. It is even more complex if some image are png files with a transparent border or two.

You need to design your process well before you try to code it.  It is not something you can quickly through together. For me anyway for I do not understand what you are describing here!

Templates  I create have a predefined layouts where your images will be fitted to the templates resolution and sized for the layout and masked to shape..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Tnx for quick response. So to clarify.

I have data base of 500 pictures of products. All pictures are cut from background and saved in png with transparent background and i 300dpi (they will also be used for printing so 300dpi). All pictures are different dimensions being that they are cutout products and being that pictures a from different sources. What I need is to use them on the web page too so i need to make two more sets of pictures from existing ones - tumbnails (370x280 px) and FullHD (1920x1080). Pictures should be added to background, centered, resized to same or similar dimensions and saved as jpg. Dpi can also be lowered (to maybe 72) so to lower file size. Background for bout sets is similar and simple - white background with thin border in gradient of two colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mg19158873  wrote

Hi there. Tnx for quick response. So to clarify.

I have data base of 500 pictures of products. All pictures are cut from background and saved in png with transparent background and i 300dpi (they will also be used for printing so 300dpi). All pictures are different dimensions being that they are cutout products and being that pictures a from different sources. What I need is to use them on the web page too so i need to make two more sets of pictures from existing ones - tumbnails (370x280 px) and FullHD (1920x1080). Pictures should be added to background, centered, resized to same or similar dimensions and saved as jpg. Dpi can also be lowered (to maybe 72) so to lower file size. Background for bout sets is similar and simple - white background with thin border in gradient of two colors.

The first thing you need to realize is that a Image DPI resolution is meaningless on the Web.  Displays are not like printers that can print at any size pixels they need to.  Printer DPI setting are a quality setting its how well pixels will be painted in.    Display have a fixed size pixels.  Displays these days can can have a high dpi resolution or a low dpi resolution.  DPI Resolution is Pixels size.  A Display with an high resolution will display your image much smaller and sharper than a display with a low resolution. The low resolution image will be much larger and softer.  The displays I have has various resolution.

I have a 19" display  16:9 Aspect Ratio 1360x768 pixels that works out to be a 84 DPI resolution

I have a  23" display 16:9 Aspect Ratio 1920x1080 pixels that works out to be a 96 DPI resolution

I have a  20" display 4:3 Aspect Ratio 1600x1200 pixels that works out to be a 100 DPI resolution

I have a  24" display 16:9 Aspect Ratio 3840x2160 pixels that works out to be a 185 DPI resolution

I have a  12" display 3:2 Aspect Ratio 2160x1440 pixels that works out to be a 216 DPI resolution

I have a  8.4" display 16:10 or 8:5 Aspect Ratio 2560x1600 pixels that works out to be a 359 DPI resolution

An image with 800x600 Pixels will display 9.5" x 7" one my 19" 84 DPI display

The same 800x600 Pixels image will display  2.2" x 1.7" on my 8.4"  359 DPI display

The small 359DPI pixels are around 1/4 the size as the 84 DPI pixel size the image on the high resolution device will be like 1/16 the size it is on the low resolution display. Four 1K 1920x1080 images can be displays on the same size 4K display each image will be 1/4 the size they are on the 1K display.

What is important on the web is the number of Pixel you have to an image and the devices you wish to support.  You may need different size image for different Web devices.

Products that have been cutout fro the background have various shapes and may not be centered on the canvas.  When added as a layer the layers bounds may be way different  then it document canvas aligning it to  the center of a new backgroun may look different then you may expect.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines