• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are the Premier Pro custom export presets stored?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the Premier Pro custom export presets stored?   These are the files created when you create/modify an export setting and save it under a new name.

They used to be located at C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\6.0\Presets but I don't see them there. 

I want to back up these presets I customized, and be able to find them to import on another machine.

TOPICS
Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Mac OS: <drive>/Users/<user_name>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Common/AME/5.0

http://helpx.adobe.com/media-encoder/using/custom-encoding-presets.

Except since you have 5.5 it might not be 5.0 but the rest of the locations should still apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

On Windows, they are located here:

System Drive (C:) > Users > [USERNAME] > Documents > Adobe > Adobe Media Encoder > [PREVIOUS VERSION] > Presets

Where [USERNAME] is your user name on the Windows PC and [PREVIOUS VERSION] is the numeric identifier (i.e., "11.0") for the last Media Encoder/Premiere version that you had presets saved in.  Select them all, copy and then paste into the latest version folder (i.e., "12.0").

No clue why they don't just copy them over when you update your apps....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

We visualized this workflow for the updated version of Premiere Pro! Here is a tutorial on how to export your presets and choose where they're saved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mark,

I'm seeing them saved at:

C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\AME\6.0\Presets

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know where they are stored on a Mac with CS5.5?  I looked in the Library folder but find no sub folder under Application Support/Adobe for AME.  I don't see anything that looks right in Common either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://helpx.adobe.com/media-encoder/using/custom-encoding-presets.

Except since you have 5.5 it might not be 5.0 but the rest of the locations should still apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked there, but there is no AME folder under common or anywhere else under Adobe that I can find.  I know it's weird.  And Media Encoder works just fine.  Also, the link you included is dead.

Any other ideas??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I guess I didn't copy and paste all of it last time. But are you sure you checked the right username? It should be right there stuff like that doesn't vary at all (except for username)... Adobe puts that stuff in the exact same place for all installs. (Username is only variable)

http://helpx.adobe.com/media-encoder/using/custom-encoding-presets.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch.  I was in the wrong library folder!  Should've known better.  Thanks for the help and the correct link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem glad you got it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the Alt+Click work when using a pc keyboard on a mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I was just looking for a way to save the presets and this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To anyone using Premiere 2017.1.1 v11 on MacOS, and seeking the presets from within the exporter dialogue such as I was, mine were stored here:

/Users/your user name here/Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/11.0/Presets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, they are located here:

System Drive (C:) > Users > [USERNAME] > Documents > Adobe > Adobe Media Encoder > [PREVIOUS VERSION] > Presets

Where [USERNAME] is your user name on the Windows PC and [PREVIOUS VERSION] is the numeric identifier (i.e., "11.0") for the last Media Encoder/Premiere version that you had presets saved in.  Select them all, copy and then paste into the latest version folder (i.e., "12.0").

No clue why they don't just copy them over when you update your apps....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello , any solution for mac please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to find the original presets not mine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked in this location (I am on version 6.0) but the folder is blank. I have a bunch of old preset id like to delete still though. Any idea why this would be the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I found the preset browser *doh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer is no longer correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how this happened, but I found mine in the Media Encoder folder at this path:

Screen Shot 2023-02-08 at 10.54.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We visualized this workflow for the updated version of Premiere Pro! Here is a tutorial on how to export your presets and choose where they're saved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to say but it doesn't seem to work

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 13.12.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doesn't work for me either. I have purchased presets from Motion Array that I've been using. Got a new computer and I am trying to copy my presets and they are not in the Media Encoder folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines