• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previews.lrdata files stuck in Recycle bin, zero bytes and cant eject drive.

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted 2 Previews.lrdata files because of thumbnail issues and then emptied the recycle bin, it kept the files but deleted the size associated. I.e they are both zero byte files npw.  This in turn makes it so I cannot eject my drive safely, FILES IN USE etc... cannot delete them and cant eject drive.

how can I fix this???

Thanks
Brendan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shut the machine down and disconnect the drive. Then you should be able to delete after reboot.

It happens that "safe eject" hangs, but a full shutdown is the safest eject of all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply Fosse.

I can do that and disconnect the drive but it doesn't fix the problem. Once I disconnect the files disappear from the recycle bin.   the next time I connect the drive the Previews.lrdata show back up in the recycle bin and its the same issue all over again.

I just want to be able to delete the zero byte files in the recycle bin to unlink the connection between the computer and the external drive.  This will continue to happen everytime I decide to delete the Previews file on a catalog.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines