• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Crashes and Array Corruption

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using CC for a few years. Lightroom has consistently corrupted my Raid0 array, is there any info on this? I only find very old topics.

Also when switching between library and develop Lightroom crashes if I have GPU acceleration enabled system details below, but it's a 8gb rx480 amd card that otherwise hasn't caused any issues in any other software or use. Again, only finding old links that talk about ensuring Graphics drivers are up to date, which they are.

Core i76700k stock clock

32gb (2x16gb) ddr4 1200mhz ram
AMD RX480 8gb stock clock/frequencies
500gb Intel M.2 SSD main drive
2x250gb Samsung 850 SSD's

4x3tb 7200rpm HDD's in Raid 0

I back everything up on a NAS... so I don't really want to hear about how "bad" raid0 is. I've been running raid0 arrays on SSD's and HDD's on every PC build I've done in the last 14 years or so, and literally NONE OF THEM have EVER failed.

Even these, they're not failing, Lightroom is messing up their file tracking or w'ever, I just have to dismount and run chkdsk on them then they're fine, there usually isn't even any corrupted files, but when there are, files imported by Lightroom.

I suppose it's possible that the SD card is corrupting the data, and Lightroom isn't to blame, but I don't think so. I bought new SD cards each time it's happened to see if that changed anything and the problem persists.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Hi mikedinstamford,

Have you tried changing the user accounts, sometimes there's an issue with user account files and they keep messing around with application and OS files? also, please check is your Graphics card is updated to the latest driver software if it is, tries to the little older driver version from the AMD website.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mikedinstamford,

Have you tried changing the user accounts, sometimes there's an issue with user account files and they keep messing around with application and OS files? also, please check is your Graphics card is updated to the latest driver software if it is, tries to the little older driver version from the AMD website.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines