• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(DW 2017.5) Git instead of Server Behaviours?

Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe consider Git integration most important of Server Behaviours.

Is it a joke?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

IronADDT  wrote

Is it a joke?

Sorry, but i have no idea were you are comming from comparing git integration with server-behaviours, as they are two completely different things, aimed at two completely different requirements, including git is much simpler than the complete re-write of the code that would be required for server-behaviours, which would probably take years with the exclussion of anything else.

As Ben will agree, we both

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To quote John Lydgate: “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.”

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IronADDT  wrote

Is it a joke?

Sorry, but i have no idea were you are comming from comparing git integration with server-behaviours, as they are two completely different things, aimed at two completely different requirements, including git is much simpler than the complete re-write of the code that would be required for server-behaviours, which would probably take years with the exclussion of anything else.

As Ben will agree, we both differ in our opinions of what should or should not be included in Dw, but even though i have tried git in the past, and found it did not match me and my teams requirements, including it in Dw is i think a very good idea, (much better one than including sass, sorry Ben could not resist). It will help and match the requirements of more users than some other 'improvements '.

I stopped testing git in Dw, at an early stage, for various reasons, but i hope it has been tested in the various user requiremen scenarios and if it has, and works as i hope, it will be one of the very few features that i do support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're right... Adobe is a small company and update the server behaviours is too complicated and expensive for them.

Hurray for GIT... amen!

At least they solved the various bugs with the php pages...

(DW 2017) Issue with php pages and Apply Source Formatting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just in case you do not know just how small the Dw dev team actually is -

click on 'Help' then 'About'.

If you have Dw CS6 installed, do the same in that version, then just to bring the point home, do the same in Photoshop, or CC Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines